Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 2 of training

Week two of training is now complete, and the week's report is going to be pretty dull.  It can be summarised as "on track, nothing to report"

Of course, if I am given the chance to talk about myself I will always go into more detail, so here goes!

Monday saw some New York City Ballet stretching and abs work, Tuesday saw me doing some threshold running.  Ten minutes of warm-up, three by (six minutes at threshold, two minutes jog) followed by ten minutes of cool down.  The left me feeling tired but not exhausted, and 5.7 miles under my belt.

On Wednesday, my new toy arrived - a Garmin Forerunner 405CX.  But I was getting onto a train on Wednesday just after work, and travelling south to Stevenage.  So I didn't get a chance to use it until Thursday, when I made a total pig's ear of using it!

I was supposed to be meeting a colleague to go for dinner after work, and wasn't sure about how the time was going.  And since I hadn't correctly programmed the Garmin I had no idea of distance either... so I ended up doing a really short run of 2.9 miles.

By ;Saturday, I had worked out how to program the beast, but when I went out to do a hill session I reckon I just hadn't had quite enough "awake" time.  It was good for family life that I finished my run early in the day, but made for a pretty lousy run!  Still, it had a pretty solid 184foot climb in it, so it can't be all bad.

Finally, on Sunday the second Long, Slow Run.  My utterly stupidly optimistic marathon pace is 9 min/mile.  That means I should have had a 10:00 to 10:15 LSR pace.  I couldn't do it.  Every step at that pace was heavy and uncomfortable.  So I quickly gave up and did the bulk of the 11 miles at 9:30-ish pace.  At least, that was the pace until I came off the canal and climbed Wallacestone Brae... the pace dropped to 13:30 in that phase!

So... so far, so good.

Next week sees two landmarks - I should pass 100 miles in training, and should be taking part in the Devilla Forest 15km race on the Sunday... let's see how it goes!


13-19 Feb 2012

Number of runsFour
LinksTuesday - 5.69 miles (687 cal)
Thursday - 2.90 miles (350 cal)
Saturday - 3.08 miles (440 cal)
- Sunday - 11.21 miles (1122 cal)
Total mileage this week22.88 miles
Calories burned this week2599
Total mileage since start89.04 miles
Calories burned since start8963
Sunday morning weight11st 9lb

No comments:

Post a Comment