Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sponsorship

From the start, this marathon has been about me.  I've never pretended anything else.

But early on in the training, I asked whether I should use the event to try to raise some money for a charity, and the people I asked said that that was a good idea.

Macmillan Cancer Support
So, that's what I am doing.

I have chosen MacMillan Cancer Support as the charity.  They do a great job in helping people through those aspects of cancer treatment that may not relate directly to the actual treatment itself - taking the time to explain what's happening, answering the questions that occur to folk days after they've seen the doctor, helping people get to their treatment and know what's happening to them, and so forth.

In a time when everything is heartache and confusion, they provide a solid point of reference that patients can use to rebuild their lives.

I posted a JustGiving link in the photograph where I said I was pausing the "Photo of The Day", and the response has already been overwhelming.  I'm now going to publish the link officially:

http://justgiving.com/hamrunning

If you are in a position to make a donation, and would like to do so, then I would be most appreciative of any donation you can make.

But please do not feel under any pressure to do so - as I said at the very top, this is about me and has always been about me.


2 comments:

  1. I very recently lost my grandmother to lung cancer, so I will definitely sponsor you. Thank you for choosing Macmillan, they were great with my grandmother and made a horrible situation a little easier xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry to hear that :-( It's really horrible - my grandfather also died of cancer.

    Thank you very much for the donation, though - it's very much appreciated. Now I just need to build my strength up for 27-May!

    ReplyDelete