Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 4 Of Training

So, that's four weeks of training complete.  One quarter of the way to the marathon.  Wow!

I have a confession to make - I missed a run this week.  Yesterday's (Saturday's).  I just didn't feel in the mood for it.

The trouble really stemmed from the start of the week.  After the Devilla 15km run I was feeling really tired.  On Tuesday I ran what was essentially a recovery run, then on Wednesday I travelled to Stevenage.  Once there, I slept pretty badly, but decided that after work on the Thursday I would do a threshold run.

This, I think, was my mistake.  I was rushed, poorly rested and it all just felt wrong.  After a long journey home by train on Friday, it is little wonder that I just couldn't motivate myself to get out on the Saturday. So, I made an excuse that I was resting before the Lasswade 10 mile run.

Next week is going to b a bit of a cut-back week, in effort if not in distance.  Think of it as a sort of mini-taper before the Alloa Half Marathon, which is two weeks today.


27 Feb - 04 Mar 2012

Number of runsThree
LinksTuesday - 5.26 miles (517 cal)
Thursday - 4.99 miles (511 cal)
Sunday - 9.88 miles (1179 cal)
Total mileage this week20.13 miles
Calories burned this week2207
Total mileage since start132.02 miles
Calories burned since start13,653
Sunday morning weightdidn't check

No comments:

Post a Comment